Thursday 14 July 2011

The Battle of Britain

Much to report from today's double round affair, starting sadly with my first loss on the world chess tour, to top seed Dimitrios Mastrovasilios who gradually outplayed me in my beloved Sicilian Najdorf. Grandmasters 1 Adam 0 :(

Whilst that was going on we witnessed the first battle of britain on foreign grounds of the world chess tour, with English IM Max Deveraux facing off with white against Stephen. The game finished in a hard fought draw.

Both me and Stephen won this afternoon, putting him on 3.5/4 (equal 1st) and me on 3/4.

More distressingly though is the news reaching me that Liverpool have agreed to sign Stuart Downing for getting on for 20 million quid (at least we got rid of Konchesky). I mean, no offence Stuart if you're reading this but really??!

I've been promised some photos from the organiser to stick up here. Keep your eyes peeled.

3 comments:

Sabrina Chevannes said...

Stuart has just read this and informed me that he is now really offended and hurt

Adam Hunt said...

Ah well, I hope Paul doesn't come across the site either ;)

Sabrina Chevannes said...

Haha - good point! I think he's too busy off trying to learn how to play football somewhere